Vampires and other nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...what did you think of the book in total?

4 posters

Go down

So...what did you think of the book in total? Empty So...what did you think of the book in total?

Post by Syn Sun May 11, 2008 2:41 pm

I'm sorry to say, but...I didn't like it half as much as the two preceeding it. It was long and for the most part, it was somewhat dull...I honestly didn't like reading about the Fang Gang and Baby Jenks, for one. Even more about Jesse. Especially the latter made the book seem very unrealistic (apart from the fact of it being about vampires). Pandora...well, it wasn't bad but it wasn't a cracking read either. The Twins...again, the same. All in all, I can't really say much about this book myself, I disliked the concept more than I liked it. What about you?
Syn
Syn
Philosopher

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

So...what did you think of the book in total? Empty Re: So...what did you think of the book in total?

Post by LilyBlackwood Mon May 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Well.. the book was simply too crowded really... So many characters... so many stories... what I really liked were the dialogues between Lestat and Akasha... when he was trying to make her reconsider about her plans.
LilyBlackwood
LilyBlackwood

Female Number of posts : 27

http://midnightdirge.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

So...what did you think of the book in total? Empty Re: So...what did you think of the book in total?

Post by Syn Mon May 12, 2008 6:43 pm

The whole Akasha story didn't impress me much either...In the end I have to say I didn't like the book. Which is a shame, really.
Syn
Syn
Philosopher

Number of posts : 28

http://eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by darknesscyshadow Sat May 17, 2008 6:18 am

I personally loved the book, but it is perhaps due to the fact that I read "The vampire Lestat" and "Queen of the Damned" one after the other, without even a moment of pause after the last page of TVL. I ended up regarding them almost as one book.

I loved both, dearly. The vampire letat considerably more so than it's latter half, but I still loved QotD. I loved the twins, I loved Akasha, but overall I loved helpless Lestat, bound by love yet unable to move.

darknesscyshadow

Male Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva Mon May 19, 2008 1:25 am

There were certain parts within the book that I thought was an interesting read, for e.g. the tale of Armand and Daniel.
From the top of my head now, I think the only part I didn't very much like was Baby Jenks.
Not my favourite of the Chronicles, but still quite a good read.
Eva
Eva

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down