Vampires and other nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The book - likes and dislikes

3 posters

Go down

The book - likes and dislikes Empty The book - likes and dislikes

Post by Syn Sun May 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Hard to imagine, but was there anything you didn't like about the book? I admit, there were chapters that weren't quite as interesting read as the rest...The very first chapter, actually. It was a bit...well, it was human. a bit ordinary. Parts about Les Innocentes didn't exactly tingle my imagination much either...but I did so love chapters about Lelio. The whole book tells an image of a completely different Lestat that makes you think what on earth has he been doing with Louis to make him so disdainful of his maker. The very last chapter makes a great read and I could just keep reading that one chapter forever. It makes the pair seem like an old married couple, in some way. Different stories told by both...Reading IWTV, you instantly get the impression Lestat was nothing to be loved or respected. But this sheds a different light, makes you crave for more.
Syn
Syn
Philosopher

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The book - likes and dislikes Empty Re: The book - likes and dislikes

Post by LilyBlackwood Mon May 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Oh... Marius's story! I nearly feel asleep.... And he just kept on going... For God's sake.. write your own book (which he did..haha) What I loved was the mortal part of Lestat's life. Heart-breaking. And I like the ending as well... I like the part when Lestat and Louis meet again...
LilyBlackwood
LilyBlackwood

Female Number of posts : 27

http://midnightdirge.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syn Mon May 12, 2008 6:48 pm

I have to agree about Marius. For such an old vampire, he's not all interesting, haha. I also agree on Lestat-Louis part. I always prefered scenes of two of them together more than anything else.
Syn
Syn
Philosopher

Number of posts : 28

http://eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by darknesscyshadow Sat May 17, 2008 6:22 am

Personally I almost breathed this book whilst I read it. I neglected everything else as far as I could at the time.

I must say the whole story made me value my hands a whole lot more than I had before. I saw hands as a reoccuring thing (though on analysis, they're really not) during my read through the book.

It changed me as a person, but I can say that about every one of the Vampire Chronicles.

darknesscyshadow

Male Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down