Vampires and other nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What about a movie?

3 posters

Go down

What about a movie? Empty What about a movie?

Post by Syn Sun May 11, 2008 2:30 pm

We all know about the musical. Apparently, it wasn't as successful as they thought it would be. I knew a guy who auditioned for the role of Marius, and even he said he thought it wasn't quite as good as it could have been. But what about a movie? Would you like to see one made? And the actors, which would you choose? The book is quite long, twice as long as IWTV, many parts would have to be cut out, so what would you leave out? I have to say, I would have a very hard time trying to decide what to throw out. Nicki is one of my favourite vampires of the book, he'd have to stay. I often think which actor would be able to embody him...perhaps Jonathan Rhys Myers. Maybe Nicole Kidman would do well in the role of Gabrielle.

If I was the one directing it, it would probably be hours long, to ensure nothing is left out Smile
Syn
Syn
Philosopher

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What about a movie? Empty Re: What about a movie?

Post by Eva Tue May 27, 2008 2:03 am

Haha, that would certainly be on my movie shelf, no matter how long it is. The ultimate adaptation.
There are movies which happen to be hours long but still successful. For example, the directors cut version of Amadeus, being 3 hours long, spread out onto 2 DVDs. It would have been brilliant though..

And that is a good choice, I can actually see Nicole Kidman as Gabrielle. Her performance in The Others & The Golden Compass certainly shows she has the ability and power to pocess both a loving nature and cold heartedness.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers is interesting...Having seen his performance in The Tudors as the young King Henry VIII, in terms of the energy and essence, he'd be great as Lestat. But I'm not sure how he'd look with shoulder length curly hair...
Eva
Eva

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyBlackwood Tue May 27, 2008 7:37 am

haha... I'd surely make the film longer... I wouldn't cut anything... but I guess that answer is predictable comming from me.

Nicole Kidman... well... yes... I also love her in "The Others" yet I loved Carolline Carmelo in her role as well. And about J. Rhys Myers... no... I wouldn't like him to play Lestat... Actually... from my point of view nobody is fitting to play Lestat....
LilyBlackwood
LilyBlackwood

Female Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://midnightdirge.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down