Vampires and other nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...And the movie?

3 posters

Go down

...And the movie? Empty ...And the movie?

Post by Eva Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 am

Since there seems to be quite a lot of discussion regarding the "Queen of the Damned" movie, whether it's of the actor choices, etc. there clearly are different views so I thought perhaps this is a good place to discuss it rather than the IWTV thread.

Perhaps I should start then.
I first watched the movie before reading the books, so quite naturally, I saw it as a seperate peice to begin with. As a movie on it's own, I think it is pretty good and even enjoyed watching the bloopers.

However, as an adaptation of The Vampire Chronicles, too much was changed. Although I did see their attempts to 'connect' it with the book by giving Armand the younger look, adding the hint of Marius and Pandora's history, Maharet's and Khayman's history...etc. Maybe in the end, QOTD had too much elements to add in and adapt into a good movie unless you had a really good writer...

Okay, now play nice.
Eva
Eva

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

...And the movie? Empty Re: ...And the movie?

Post by darknesscyshadow Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 am

Seeing Queen of the Damned after reading the book, I was shellshocked. I instantly felt like they'd taken the characters I'd fallen in love with, and carved them into some kind of broken fairy tale...

But in the end...

...Well, the music was good, at least.

It doesn't even shine a candle to The Vampire Chronicles. To me it is as alien to the series as Anne's latest books are to her first.

darknesscyshadow

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyBlackwood Mon May 19, 2008 4:21 pm

As a regular film... it was good. The soundtrack is more widely known than the actual movie... which I find a bit hilarious.

As a VC film... it was pathetic. I liked S. Townsend (like I said before) and Vincent Perez (even if he didn't look like Marius) Olso, Lena Olin was fabulous... in the role of Maharet.

The bloopers were too damn good...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGqMLIOSGTA
LilyBlackwood
LilyBlackwood

Female Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://midnightdirge.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down